n Cosd: Busy Bee

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Busy Bee

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile... Between wedding planning, and thesis writing I've been swamped. I defend Wednesday, exciting! And our wedding is now less than a month away!!

Also, we saved almost $20 on our energy bill this month but switching to compact flourescent lighting (CFLs), and considering the bulbs cost me considerably less than that I'm beginning to think it should be illegal to sell incandescents in this day-in-age. Anyway, I'll say more about it later. But, if you haven't already replaced your incandescent bulbs with CFLs, what are you waiting for?

4 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5192744.stm

Good luck for both the defense and the wedding planning!

 
At July 23, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Cosd said...

Thanks for the article! Interesting stuff.

More interesting than what's said in that article is what isn't being said in that article. And what is explicitly said that isn't being said (i.e. that the article take such an explicitly neutral stance on the issue).

 
At July 31, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use those bulbs, though I have no idea what the savings are since electricity is included in my rent.

 
At July 31, 2006 9:36 PM, Blogger Cosd said...

Good for you! Yeah, that can be a problem with renting. We have the same problem with water - we don't pay the bill. We SHOULD install low-flow shower heads, but we won't see any of the savings. Also, the landlords just bought new stoves for all the units, but they just bought the cheapest model and didn't give any thought to engery consumption -- since we're the ones paying the energy bills!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home